FAMILYWIZE PRESCRIPTION DISCOUNT CARD
Approximately 40% of people in the United States in the last two years have either skipped filling a prescription or reduced doses because the medicine was too expensive. To address this, almost 1,000 United Way agencies plus America’s Promise Alliance Partners, in all 50 states, have come together in this FamilyWize community service partnership to organize and coordinate community-wide distribution of free FamilyWize prescription drug discount cards. Over $350 million has been saved as of April, 2012!
United Way of Boone County has partnered with FamilyWize to bring prescription discounts to individuals and families not covered by health insurance or those who do not have adequate medical coverage. United Way is providing these cards free-of-charge to everyone in our community.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Average Discount = 35% or about $20 per prescription.
- No age, income or residency restrictions. Anyone can use it.
- Covers all FDA-approved prescription drugs.
- Accepted at most pharmacies nationwide, including all major chains.
- Covers everyone with no health insurance or prescription coverage.
- All cards are bilingual, in English and Spanish.
- Covers all medicine not covered by insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, or other benefit plans.
- No registration, activation, paperwork or enrollment. No personal information is collected.
FamilyWize Prescription Discount Cards are available at local participating pharmacies, or visit our Home page and print your free prescription discount card.